Tallahassee is the capital of Florida which is also often called the sunshine state. It is the largest suburb in Florida’s Northwest region. The major facilities of this city that make it popular among people who want to settle or just visit here are;
Florida State University is one of the best universities in Tallahassee. This university is popular for its various disciplines, like science, arts, dance, music, film, engineering, social work, medicine and various other fields. Apart from higher education, there are many good options for the middle and high school students.
This city is also known as the White Collar City because majority of the people are involved in white collar jobs, such as administration, IT or sales. So this city offers a wide range of job opportunities to the new graduates and students.
Climate in Tallahassee is subtropical type. Here, the summer is long and humid and the winter is mild and short. Extreme climatic conditions, like extreme heat or snow are hardly experienced in this city. It can be said to be an ideal city to settle down or just to visit.
Tallahassee Museum, one of Florida’s most popular museums, encourages people to learn about Florida’s natural environment, fauna and flora, and gardens.
Tallahassee Antique Car Museum boasts of rare and historic automobiles, boats, knives, machines, and many other rare and unique items.
Other tourist attractions in this city include Florida Historic Capitol Museum, Good wood Museum and Gardens and Knott House Museum.
St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, is Florida’s most popular wildlife refuge. Here diverse types of plants and animals can be seen. In winter, number of birds migrate here, making it an ideal spot for tourists. In this refuge, islands, tidal creeks and costal marshes can also be seen. Here there is another very popular and historical tourist attraction and that is the St. Marks Lighthouse.
Apalachicola National Forest and Lake Talquin State Forest are two of the largest forests in Tallahassee. Here one can participate in many outdoor activities, such as swimming, hiking, and fishing.
There are many parks in Tallahassee, such as Cascades Park, Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park, and Lake Jackson Mounds Archaeological State Park with lots of archeological importance.
Tallahassee has very attractive neighboring cities some of which are famous for cafes, pubs and eateries. There is also the Killearn Estates which is a small neighborhood with private golf country club and many other such features. Another neighbor, Frenchtown, is an exclusive black neighbor.
There are many other features that make Tallahassee the most-sought after cities in Florida, such as:
Tallahassee is the most popular city in Florida and numerous tourists come here throughout the year to visit this beautiful small city. It has many tourist attractions, like wildlife sanctuaries, museums and parks.
Top 5 hotels in this city are;
1) Courtyard Tallahassee Capital:
– It is a Marriott Hotel chain.
– It is a 3-star hotel.
– Amenities available here are Free Wi-Fi, gym, swimming pool, free breakfast, parking, business center, housekeeping, ATM and air conditioned rooms.
– Its location is very nice, since Capitol regional medical center, Airport, Hospitals, State capitol complex and Florida State University are located near this hotel.
– The Bistro restaurant here offers a variety of delicious dishes and drinks.
– This hotel also hosts weddings, parties and business events.
– It’s another attractive feature is one can pay during checkout and it also provides easy cancellation policy.
2) Home2 Suites by Hilton Tallahassee State Capitol:
– It is a 3-star hotel.
– It offers a number of amenities for corporate guests, like printing, fax, and photo copying along with a business center. There are also laundry, room service, gym, breakfast, swimming pool and valet parking available here.
– For breakfast more than 400 free options are available.
– Its near to State capitol complex, Florida State University, regel theatre and shopping malls.
– This hotel is famous for hosting business events.
3) Homewood Suites Tallahassee:
– It is a 3-star hotel.
– Amenities available here are free Wi-Fi, gym, swimming pool, free breakfast, parking, business center, housekeeping, ATM and air conditioned rooms.
– Places near it are Governor’s Square mall and park, Optimist Park, Florida University and parkway shopping center.
– Sam’s Club, the corporate offices and the Department of Health are also near this hotel.
– Other features of this hotel include complimentary evening reception, complementary grocery shopping and a convenience store.
4) Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel:
– It is a 3-star Hotel.
– It includes a microwave, a coffee machine and a refrigerator in every room.
– Other amenities available here are free Wi-Fi, gym, swimming pool, free breakfast, parking, business center, housekeeping, ATM and air conditioned rooms.
– It is located in the center of the city. So it is near to many tourist attractions, like the Florida Museum, Tallahassee mall, Northwood mall, Levy Park and Lake Ella Park.
– There are special rooms for physically handicapped people. These rooms include rails in the bathroom, CCTV in case of emergency, grab bars in toilet, alarm facility and specially designed wide doors with handles easily accessible.
5) Stay bridge Suites Tallahassee:
– It is a 3-star hotel.
– Amenities available here are Barbeque grill, Pool, free Wi-Fi, free buffet Breakfast, Fitness center, Laundry, microwave along with cookware and fridge.
– Places near it are Tallahassee Automobile Museum, Florida State University, Governor’s Park and Governor’s Square mall.
– It also offers facilities for meetings and events.
– The authority takes conscious measurements to make it eco-friendly and green.
Some of the best restaurants that must be tried in Tallahassee, Florida are;
1) KOOL BEANZ CAFÉ:
– It is one of the best restaurants in Tallahassee.
– The restaurant has an amazing ambience with a funky theme having vibrant colors.
– The staff here is very friendly and helpful.
– Some of the very interesting and innovative items are served here, such as cakes made of corn crab which are smoked and served with lime sauce.
– Here different menus for lunch and dinner are available.
– The salad served here is of a very different combination which makes it unique. They usually mix a number of ingredients in a different way that results in mouthwatering dishes.
– A complementary wine is available almost for every dish. Also a variety of choices are available when it comes to choosing alcoholic drinks, from red wine to white wine to imported beer.
2) THE BLU HALO:
– This restaurant offers the best seafood and steak available in Tallahassee.
– The ambience here is perfect for hosting many events, as it changes according to the guests’ requirements.
– A variety of seafood options, such as king crab, lobsters, shrimps and stone crabs are available here. A variety of steak is also available, like Blue Halo Chops.
– Along with dining, drinking experience is also amazing here. Their wine and Martini bar offer soul touching wine flavors. Also their signature martini is one of the most exotic drinks that can be found in Florida.
– Their another attractive feature is that they offer Happy Hours on Monday to Friday from 5-6:30 pm.
– Here any beverage can be converted into ice-cream by their Nitro cream machine which uses Liquid Nitrogen.
3) SAGE RESTAURANT:
– It offers a wide variety of seasonal food.
– The food here is simple, delicious and economic.
– The salad available here comes in a variety of color.
– Their favorite menu includes duck and stuffed shrimp appetizer.
4) A LA PROVENCE:
– It offers French and Mediterranean foods along with American Cuisines.
– The seafood and steaks available here are of high quality and extremely fresh.
– This restaurant serves a mouth freshener daily before dinner which is complementary.
– This restaurant is posh with a distinctive and elegant ambience.
– It also offers a variety of deserts, like Puddings and cakes.
5) Bird’s Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack:
– It is known as Tallahassee’s Classiest Oyster Shack.
– Their oyster dishes are unique and they are known to provide the most delicious oysters in Tallahassee.
– They are open till 2 am every night.
– Every night, there is a program organized here to entertain the guests, like on Tuesday – a live Trivia, on Wednesday – Comedy Night, Thursday – Karaoke, Friday – Either Live comedy or live Music and on Saturday – Comedy Night, Live Music as well as Cinema Night.
1.) Tallahassee Museum:
2.) St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge:
3) Alfred B. Maclay Garden: